Ginuwine: Transphobic or Nawl

So this is what happened:

(Article can be found heah)

Now, as always, there is a rift as to whether Brother Lumpkin was transphobic nor nawl.

Tam's verdict is: Nawl.

From the info that I've uncovered on the situation, I didn't catch a vibe of Ginny-Poo being transphobic. If anything, I look at girlfriend sideways and wonder if she is aware of consent and how putting foke on blast isn't fair.

I'm very pro-LGBTQA without hesitation, and I've heard so many transwomen tell how hard dating is for them. As a cisgendered woman, I cannot conjure up any parallel stories. All I know is what I've seen and been told.

This can be a very prickly topic, and it always, ALWAYS goes downhill. Instead of it being a discussion of preference, it turns into name-calling, transphobia, Bible Thumpage, and a whole lot more shit than necessary.

Now...to me, a transwoman is a woman. How she was born isn't of importance to me. I'm aware that people will disagree with me. I don't believe that fragile masculinity is why a cisgendered man wouldn't want to date a transwoman.

(I do believe it's fragile masculinity that makes some men protest too damn hard against it, but that's another damn blog).

Though she is a woman, there is one thing I believe that some men may find problematic, and that lies with the ability to give birth. I know a few cis women who have had relationships end because of fertility issues, so it's no shade.

Beyond that...I cannot see any other major issue beyond that of "what would people think". As I've stated a many times, the unfortunate murders of transwomen over the years is NOT due to her status. It's due to the fragile male who is afraid that people will think he's gay because his girlfriend was born male.

Transpeople are not the frauds you'd like to think they are. Many of them are quite forthcoming despite the fact that I don't think it's up for public consumption. Again, it's MY opinion as an outsider looking in.

To return to the situation at hand with Brother Baylor Lumpkin, I hate that this heffa took it upon herself to put him on the spot. You cannot, I repeat CANNOT ask someone such a heavy question and expect an immediate response. You damn sure can't sprang up talmbout "gimme a kiss" and shit.

Let's turn the tables a tad.

Transman asks a cis female celeb if she'd date a transman. She says "no" but dude tries to steal a kiss. I bet you $5 in nickels it would be smoke in the city!

People don't realize how heavy of a question that is to ask of a cisgendered human being. Even I, as a very open-minded human, would have to take a moment to ponder. If I were childless, but wanted to become a mom, I would have to accept that my man could not knock me up the good ol' fashioned way! That's an aspect I'd have to ponder upon with a cis male who is sterile. If you put me on the spot, I can't say how I would respond.

I'm married with two kids, yet no longer able to birth babies. If I were single and back in the dating game, a mane who wanted kids wouldn't want me. And guess what? It's only fair.

So yes, while I don't like how things went down, I don't think this situation makes Ginuwine a transphobic, fragile ego having ass mane.

If anything, I think this situation reveals more about the men I know than the man on TV.

The question is actually quite simple to answer, guys: yes or no.

But who are me to judge?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depressed, Compressed, Oppressed, Suppressed, Damn Pressed.

A Woman's Worth...aka-More Than $500k, But Not Quite $9.99

De-Fat Journey Thoughts for 7/9/12