T.E.N. Entertainment Hot Toddy, aka-2008 in Review


Well, I don't know where to begin, so I guess I'll just start writing and see where I'll end up.

*This year, Lil' Wayne managed to stay relevant...so relevant that he has earned himself 8 Grammy nominations, and gone platinum as hell. He has also done more guest spots on songs than anybody else. I think he's a short, funny looking little thing, but I can't knock his hustle. I CAN, however, knock his face for being ugly.

*Taraji P. Henson proved to us that she is more than just Shug from "Hustle & Flow" by earning THREE Screen Actors Guild nominations and such. The only problem is that in spite of having more nominations for said S.A.G. Awards than any other actor this year, the poor woman was seldom mentioned as the media focused more on Brad Pitt and the other actors who received two noms each.

Booooo....

*Who'da thunk that Sean Kingston would lose weight this year? I ain't mad at him though.






*Who'da thunk that you could make $75 an hour watching out for Britney Spears? ESPECIALLY if you're her damn daddy!






*Did you ever think that these two older pictures (see below)....










...would be of our newly elected President???

*Who'da thunk that 2008 would be the year of the Hick? I mean, did any of us think that a Moose Hunting Bama from Alaska would matter to us? EVER?

*2008 also brought these chicks into our homes...and 2009 will bring another season of ATL's Real Housewives (and House-Jumpoffs).






*This year, we got a lot of good looks at Jaden C.S. Smith. At which point, MediaTakeOut noticed that he resembled another icon of 2008...







*Music took a turn for the worse this year, as the quest for the catchiest dance track drowned out real talent yet again. And no, I don't want to watch you do your damn Bird Walk. Maybe 2009 will bring some real music...maybe from Rude Child???

*U of M had a record season of 38-2. Unfortunately for many Memphians, we all remember the 2 losses quite well. Some cats had to borrow rent money because of it.

*The Celtics won the NBA Finals!!! However, they went and lost to the Lakers a few days ago. Drat.

*The Dallas Cowboys have proven to many that once again, they have the most die-hard fans. I wonder how that's going to pan out in 2009.

*Speaking of a lot of children...the Duggars have had baby number 18...






*A lot of people went up yondah. Here's a shout out to some of the greats we lost in '08:

Sir Edmund Hillary, Heath Ledger, Brad Renfro, Roy Scheider, Chase Tatum, Sean Levert (*tear*), Charlton Heston, Al Wilson, Dottie Rambo, Yves Saint Laurent, Bo Diddley, Katie Holmes' Career, Bernie Mac, Isaac Hayes, Kevin Duckworth, a few horses and gorillas, Norman Whitfield, Rudy Ray Moore, Jheryl Busby, Bettie Page, Eartha Kitt, and The Grizzlies win streak.

*Jennifer Hudson got some Grammy noms and a fiance, however, she lost her brother, mother and nephew to some foolishness. However, I think 2009 will be a better year for her.

*I'm not 100% sure, but I think George Bush still doesn't care about black people.

*We had some classics this year in the cineplex, such as "The Dark Knight", "Iron Man", "Tropic Thunder", and "Pineapple Express". We also had "The Day the Earth Stood Still"...which was NOT a classic.

*Speaking of fast as hell, Matt Dillon got in trouble for doing 106 m.p.h. Way to end the year, buddy.

*On TV, Grey's Anatomy got gay and de-gayed in less than 30 days. Shows about teens with money and sex were hits, and I got satellite just to avoid watching said shows.

*In light of the recession that nobody wanted to admit to, this is the best time to buy cars and homes...that is if you can get FINANCED.

*Willie Herenton is still the Mayor of Memphis and John Ford finally went to jail.

*There is still no mall in Hickory Hill, but World Overcult is going to do something with the Mall Formerly Known as Hickory Ridge.

*Fokes are still buying iPods, iPhones, and I'm going to market the iBeDamned Paternity Test Kit soon.

*Real and Chance are trying to find love this year, but won't say who it is until next year. In the meantime, I want Christian to do my hair all pretty like and such. I refuse to have another man with a better grade o' conk than mine.

*Gas has gone from $13 a gallon to $1.39 a gallon. SPOOKY!

*However, my Tahoe is still $53,500.

*I still don't like, hoo-hoo, living under your spotlight.

Well, that's all I have for right now. Feel free to add to this recap. As a matter of fact, I want you to. This is when it usually gets pretty funny!!!

BYE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Decided On Surgery..De-Fat Posting

Depressed, Compressed, Oppressed, Suppressed, Damn Pressed.

De-Fat Journey Thoughts for 7/9/12